https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Pizza-Crust.jpg 534 800 Kari Penner https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ximg_DrHardick_logo.png.pagespeed.ic_.oNZjRcGWRC.png Kari Penner2013-09-29 20:00:322018-01-14 11:37:30Almond Flour Pizza Crust
Almond Flour Pizza Crust
There is no need to give up pizza if you are following a Maximized Living Nutrition Plan. This easy and delicious grain-free Almond Flour Pizza Crust is sure to satisfy your pizza cravings! Top it with your favourite meat and vegetables for an appetizing family dinner.
Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe
Makes 1 pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg (free range, grass fed)
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water (105-115°F)
- Tomato paste or tomato sauce
- your choice of toppings
- Special equipment: an 11- to 12-inch pizza pan; an offset spatula
- Lightly oil pizza pan. Put oven rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix flour, salt, & spices and egg in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add water and 1 teaspoon oil and mix until just combined, scraping down side of bowl occasionally. Mixture will be thin and more like a batter than a dough. Increase speed to high and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into center of pan and use wet offset spatula to spread to edges of pan in a thin layer.
- Cover crust with toppings of your choice. Bake until toppings are heated through, about 6 minutes (this will vary depending on toppings).
- Transfer pizza on pan to a rack to cool slightly, about 3 minutes.
About Kari Penner
Kari Penner, BA, MA (in process) is a Wellness Coach and works at Shine Dental. She has spent most of the past decade studying Wellness, Nutrition, Toxicity and has been a professional Life Coach since 2001. In 2011, she started her Master’s of Counseling at Providence Seminary. Learn More