This Protein Packed Brownies recipe is nothing short of amazing and perfect for chocolate lovers. They look and taste like traditional brownies, but are loaded with nutrients and protein from the almond butter and whey protein. These brownies will be a hit at your next bake sale, potluck or party (use as the base brownie for Santa Strawberries), even with children.
Protein Packed Brownies Recipe
Makes 12-24 brownies
- 1 (16) ounce jar raw almond butter, smooth unroasted
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup erythritol or stevia to taste (liquid – start with 2 teaspoons and add from there; spoonable: start with 1/4 cup and add from there, pure stevia – start with 1/2 teaspoon and add from there)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 scoop chocolate or vanilla Perfect Protein
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 stevia sweetened chocolate bar (like Lydia’s or Coco Polo), chopped
- In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Blend in eggs, then sweetener and vanilla.
- Add in cocoa, protein powder, salt and baking soda, and coconut milk, then fold in chopped chocolate bar.
- Line a 9” x 13” glass baking dish with parchment paper and pour batter into dish. It will be thick so you may need to press it into shape.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.