You can really enjoy this sugar-free and grain-free Pumpkin Pie guilt free as it tastes delicious without complications for your health or your waistline). Pumpkin is loaded with fiber, iron, Vitamin A and Vitamin E, which should make you consider including it more of your meals not just for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope you enjoy this pie as much as my family does.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Serves 8 to 10
Almond Pie Crust
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree (no sugar or other additives, check the label)
- ¾ cup “spoonable” brand stevia or equivalent or 2/3 cup Xylitol
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 ounces organic cream
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk, original or vanilla flavor
- organic whipped cream
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of stevia
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the organic butter.
- Mix the melted butter with the almond meal (or flour) and stevia.
- Pat mixture into a glass pie plate with your fingertips.
- Gently heat pie crust mixture in the oven for about 8 minutes. Do not let the crust go brown.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients for pumpkin filling, and pour into a cooled almond pie crust.
- Bake pie for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- Cool and garnish with whipped (organic) cream, flavored with cinnamon and stevia.