Celebrate fall with this delicious, creamy Pumpkin Soup! Flavoured with onions, garlic, ginger, and curry powder, this hearty soup is a perfect starter or light meal for those chilly fall or winter nights (or days). Not to mention, it is super easy to make! Serve it with Cheesy Garlic Coconut Flour Bread, Almond Flour Southern Biscuits, or Maximized Grainless Rolls.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Makes 1 large pot
- ¼ cup Butter
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large White Onion
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Red Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 chunks Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Medium or Hot Curry Powder
- Salt, pepper, cinnamon and nut meg to taste
- 1 box (1L) Organic Chicken Stock/Broth
- 3 cans Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 ½ cans Organic Coconut Milk
- In soup pot, melt butter and oil. Sauté garlic, ginger, onion, red pepper and apples. Sprinkle with curry.
- Once vegetable blend is cooked throughout put it in blender and add ¼ of chicken broth. Blend until mixture is completely pureed. Transfer back into soup pot.
- Add remaining chicken broth and pumpkin puree.
- Add coconut milk in last.
- Stir and mix in salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. (If not flavorful enough – keep adding spices until you are satisfied)