I can think of about one hundred ways to use this Puttanesca Salsa. Over fish (pictured here), chicken, or lamb; as an ingredient in an organic sour cream dip; or tossed with Zucchini noodles or Cauliflower “rice.” You will no doubt think of other ways to use it over the holidays or any time of the year once you taste this highly flavorful and extremely versatile salsa. No cooking required!
Puttanesca Salsa Recipe
- 1 ½ teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped if necessary
- ½ cup pitted black olives, chopped
- ½ cup flat‐leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved, or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In the bottom of a medium bowl, combine anchovy paste, grated garlic, red pepper flakes, zest and lemon juice; and whisk in ¼ cup olive oil.
- Add capers, olives, parsley, and tomatoes.
- Toss and season with black pepper (optional).
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.