This Raspberry Cream Pie recipe is da bomb! It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. And yes, it is Vegan. The “cream” comes from raw organic cashews. The only drawback is waiting for the pie to chill. This will take two to three hours in the refrigerator. Well worth the wait!
I must give credit to Christel, a fellow admirer of Sarah Shilhavy @ Free Coconut Recipes. I have adjusted the original recipe – STRAWBERRY CREAM PIE – so it meets the requirements of the Maximized Living Advanced Plan using liquid stevia instead of honey, and to meet the requirements of Dr. Cliff, who does not eat strawberries. Feel free to switch back to strawberries. Just make SURE they are organic as conventionally grown berries are loaded with pesticides. You can also watch Christel prepare the original recipe, all in a high speed blender, in less than 5 minutes. Just be sure to use the “Maximized” ingredients below.
Raw, Organic, & Vegan Raspberry Cream Pie Recipe
Servings: 8 slices
- 3/4 cup crushed raw pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (or strawberries)
- 1 cup raw organic cashews
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 droppers full of liquid stevia (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- Grind crust ingredients in food processor or high speed blender and press into bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, building up the sides slightly.
- Place all filling ingredients into blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Carefully pour on top of crust and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.