Switch up the same old spinach dip and serve this delicious red pepper walnut dip at your next get together! You’ll be surprised how perfectly roasted red peppers pair with walnuts and sherry vinegar. You can substitute a different vinegar for this red pepper dip recipe, but sherry vinegar provides a truly unique flavor. This zesty dip is sure to be a crowd pleaser — serve it with Grain-Free Herb Crackers or spread on Cheesy Garlic Coconut Flour Bread.
Red Pepper & Walnut Dip Recipe
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (or 3 freshly roasted peppers)
- ½ cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 shallot
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup sherry vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Toast walnuts in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes then crush.
- Peel and roughly chop shallot and garlic.
- Strain, rinse and dry peppers and roughly chop.
- Place everything except the oil in the blender and pulse on high 2-3 times until a chunky then blend on high while slowly drizzling oil, ensure it gets incorporated before adding more.
- Scrape sides of blender with a spatula halfway through and continue emulsifying the oil in.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.