Roasted Cauliflower With Garlic And Caper Sauce
I was reminded of this Roasted Cauliflower With Garlic And Caper Sauce recipe, originally created for GOOD FOOD, by Courtney from Nashville. Thanks, Courtney!
This garlicky side dish will leave you wanting seconds… for vegetables! A quick weeknight addition to any meal, or a perfect side dish to bring along to a party. This favourite proves that vegetables do not have to be boring, and can help you boost your glutathione levels.
Roasted Cauliflower With Garlic And Caper Sauce Recipe
- 1 head (about 2 pounds) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon organic butter
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers (more if you want – I often use half a small jar of capers including the juice)
- 1 tablespoon caper juice
Original recipe available on GoodFood.
- Trim, and cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Spread in a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast, tossing once or twice, until cauliflower is golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes, in a hot oven ( 375 – 400 degrees)
- In a small skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium to low heat.
- Gently saute garlic cloves, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add capers and caper juice.
- Pour over roasted cauliflower, and toss to coat.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More