Roasted Eggplant Capers & Arugula Pesto
Eggplant Salad with Capers and Arugula Pesto Recipe
Looking for a fresh new dinner idea? Vegetarians have long raved about eggplant, and I simply cannot get enough. Its light yet satiating texture is deeply satisfying and won’t send you into a food coma afterwards. The addition of arugula pesto adds a flavourful kick and extra fibre to this tasty, healthy meal. No longer exclusive to vegetarians, try this eggplant recipe today!
Serves 6–8 people
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 large eggplants cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup capers
- 2 bunch baby sorel or baby greens
- ½ cup cashew cheese (or preferred cheese)
- ¼ cup arugula pesto
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread tomatoes, eggplant slices on a baking sheet, brush both sides with plenty of oil, vinegar, pepper and salt.
- Roast 35 minutes until the slices brown then cool for 30 minutes.
- Plate vegetables interchanging down the middle of a plate and garnish with all toppings.
About Trevor Ross
As graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute, London born Chef Trevor Ross opened Calgary's Starbelly Restaurant in 2015. Eager to continue creating, he founded The Grass Roots of Food; adapting global cuisines into a nutritious, yet delicious in-home personal chef services for an affluent social class. He specializes in catering, interactive cooking demonstrations as well as consulting. As a strong advocate of scratch cooking, Trevor adds a healthy twist to classic cravings. Whether serving celebrities, business moguls, elite athletes or his family, Trevor's creative approach focuses on real, wholesome ingredients that encourage the entire body to thrive. In 2013, Trevor Ross Launched his website, https://cheftrevorross.com/ in order to extend the reach of his culinary efforts.