Eggplant Salad with Capers and Arugula Pesto Recipe
Looking for a fresh new dinner idea? Vegetarians have long raved about eggplant, and I simply cannot get enough. Its light yet satiating texture is deeply satisfying and won’t send you into a food coma afterwards. The addition of arugula pesto adds a flavourful kick and extra fibre to this tasty, healthy meal. No longer exclusive to vegetarians, try this eggplant recipe today!
Serves 6–8 people
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 large eggplants cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup capers
- 2 bunch baby sorel or baby greens
- ½ cup cashew cheese (or preferred cheese)
- ¼ cup arugula pesto
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread tomatoes, eggplant slices on a baking sheet, brush both sides with plenty of oil, vinegar, pepper and salt.
- Roast 35 minutes until the slices brown then cool for 30 minutes.
- Plate vegetables interchanging down the middle of a plate and garnish with all toppings.