https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Roasted-Red-Beet-Soup-Instagram_Feature-FINAL.png 600 600 Trevor Ross https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ximg_DrHardick_logo.png.pagespeed.ic_.oNZjRcGWRC.png Trevor Ross2021-02-28 02:06:172021-03-09 15:28:23Roasted Red Beet Soup
A vibrant, healthy, and satisfying roasted red beet soup recipe that’s incredibly simple. Simmer ingredients in a rich bone broth, blend and finish with a swirl of rich coconut or cashew yogurt.
Roasted Red Beet Soup Recipe
- 1 pound red beets- peeled & ½ inch diced
- 1.5 tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 4 cups beef or chicken bone broth (homemade is best)
- 2 tbsp thyme (dry or fresh)
- 1 onion – thin sliced
- 2 celery stalk – diced
- 5 cloves garlic – fine grated
- ½ cup coconut or cashew yogurt (unsweetened)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Gather and prepare ingredients as specified.
- Heat oil in a medium pot and sauté onions, garlic and celery on medium heat for 5 minutes with 1 tsp salt. Add spices in the last minute of cooking.
- Add all other ingredients except the yogurt and bring to a boil. Add 1 more tsp. of salt.
- Simmer on medium-high for 20-25 minutes until beets are completely soft when poked with a fork (varies depending on size)
- Add ½ the coconut yogurt to the blender and reserve the other ½ to add to the bowl before serving.
- Working in small batches blend the contents of the pot for several minutes until completely smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.