Holiday baking is a great time to be fun and creative with recipes. These Santa Strawberries will add a festive charm to your next holiday event, and they are super easy to make with your kids at any time of the year. It’s often easy to overindulge in desserts that are full of sugar, additives, preservatives, and gluten during holiday gatherings. Help take a load off of your guests’ digestive system by using gluten free flours, and natural sweetners to start healthier eating traditions.
To put a little love on the platter your serving, hull then slice some strawberries into a heart-shaped appearance by cutting straight from the top hole to the bottom. Place the sliced strawberries on top of the whipped cream, and then decorate with more whipped cream around the strawberry like lace around a heart. Makes a great Valentine Day’s treat!
Santa Strawberries Recipe
Makes about 24
- 1 box Strawberries, fresh & washed
- 1 pint Sugar-Free Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1-2 tablespoons Stevia
Maximized Brownie Bases
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ cup organic Whey Protein Powder (chocolate or vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons Stevia (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Milled Flaxseed + 2/3 cup Boiling Water to Gel
- ½ teaspoon Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ cup Chopped Walnuts, optional
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 organic free-range egg
Maximized Brownie Bases
- Preheat oven to 275o
- Melt butter and cocoa powder in a small saucepan on low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Add protein powder, stevia, salt, vanilla and egg then beat well.
- Combine milled flaxseed gel, walnuts, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add to the chocolate mixture. Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour mixture into 8×8 square baking dish, and bake for 10 minutes.
- When done, remove and cool brownies on a wire rack.
- When cooled, use a cookie cutter to cut brownies into round bases.
- Wash, dry and slice off stems of strawberries, ensuring the base is flat and balanced stably – stem side facing down. (Note: Select strawberries with one pointed tip (not two), and choose ones that are ripe, red and firm.)
- Whip heavy whipping cream with a hand or kitchen stand mixer. Add stevia and mix until fluffy and fully whipped.
- Add whipped cream into large zip-lock bag and push contents down to one corner of the bag, to get the extra air out. Make about a 3mm snip to the corner. Pipet the face of the Santa Berry to the centre of each round brownie, ensuring to keep a flat and stable surface.
- For the final touches, add whipped cream into a small zip-lock bag, pushing contents to one corner of the bag and letting any extra air out. Make a smaller 1mm scissor snip to the corner. Pipet a whipped cream Santa hat pom-pom poof on top.
- Place on a festive platter with decorations.
Recipe inspired by Pyure.