Almonds are pretty much a super snack as they keep you full while providing your body with tons of nutritional benefits… not to mention they are tasty. This simple Smoked Paprika Almonds recipe is a great way to shake up your favourite daily snack and still fuel your body with the healthy fats it needs! Regularly eating even a few ounces of nuts, like almonds, can help you lower cholesterol, improve cardiovascular health, and even lose a few pounds.
Smoked Paprika Almonds Recipe
Makes 12 ¼ cup servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat (I used my cast iron skillet, though any skillet will work)
- Add garlic to the skillet and saute for 3-5 minutes, until the garlic is almost brown
- Add the smoked paprika, salt, chili and cayenne and stir to make a paste
- Add the almonds and stir constantly until they are thoroughly coated
- Continue toasting the almonds in the skillet until they are fragrant, about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow the nuts to cool in the pan, and serve.