Smoked Salmon on Flax Crackers Recipe
Feeling like a breakfast sandwich or want a healthy way to enjoy a smoked salmon appetizer? This recipe for smoked salmon on flax crackers is the perfect alternative! Enjoy this recipe topped on Garlic Parmesan Flax Seed Crackers — a healthy cracker option that makes the perfect base! If you want to amp up this smoked salmon recipe, add some cooked egg or other protein to this low-carb cracker appetizer.
Serves 1–2 people
- 4 flax crackers
- 4 tbsp cashew cheese
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 green onion
- 8 oz wild smoked salmon
Red Onion Pickling
- 1 red onion
- 1.5 cups red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ tsp stevia powder (or 20 drops liquid)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Slice red onions and place in a heat-proof container.
- Boil all pickling ingredients and simmer for 8 minutes. Strain liquid and pour over onions. Allow to sit for minimum 20 minutes. Refrigerate in pickling liquid but discard before eating.
- Slice green onions thin.
- Core and slice avocado evenly and season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse capers and roughly chop.
- Assemble all ingredients on top of the flax crackers as you see fit and enjoy.