Smoked Salmon on Flax Crackers
Smoked Salmon on Flax Crackers Recipe
Feeling like a breakfast sandwich or want a healthy way to enjoy a smoked salmon appetizer? This recipe for smoked salmon on flax crackers is the perfect alternative! Enjoy this recipe topped on Garlic Parmesan Flax Seed Crackers — a healthy cracker option that makes the perfect base! If you want to amp up this smoked salmon recipe, add some cooked egg or other protein to this low-carb cracker appetizer.
Serves 1–2 people
- 4 flax crackers
- 4 tbsp cashew cheese
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 green onion
- 8 oz wild smoked salmon
Red Onion Pickling
- 1 red onion
- 1.5 cups red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ tsp stevia powder (or 20 drops liquid)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Slice red onions and place in a heat-proof container.
- Boil all pickling ingredients and simmer for 8 minutes. Strain liquid and pour over onions. Allow to sit for minimum 20 minutes. Refrigerate in pickling liquid but discard before eating.
- Slice green onions thin.
- Core and slice avocado evenly and season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse capers and roughly chop.
- Assemble all ingredients on top of the flax crackers as you see fit and enjoy.
About Trevor Ross
As graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute, London born Chef Trevor Ross opened Calgary's Starbelly Restaurant in 2015. Eager to continue creating, he founded The Grass Roots of Food; adapting global cuisines into a nutritious, yet delicious in-home personal chef services for an affluent social class. He specializes in catering, interactive cooking demonstrations as well as consulting. As a strong advocate of scratch cooking, Trevor adds a healthy twist to classic cravings. Whether serving celebrities, business moguls, elite athletes or his family, Trevor's creative approach focuses on real, wholesome ingredients that encourage the entire body to thrive. In 2013, Trevor Ross Launched his website, https://cheftrevorross.com/ in order to extend the reach of his culinary efforts.