Avocado is one of the healthiest foods you can eat; full of nutrients, fiber, and healthy fats. This Southwest Guacamole gives you a delicious new way to enjoy the Superfood, avocado! Simple to make and alter to your liking with additional spices for your party appetizer, and pairs well with savory flax crackers for added flavour. If you are in a rush, use only the first three ingredients.
Southwest Guacamole Recipe
- 2-3 raw avocados mashed
- 1 fresh organic tomato
- ¼ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Chili powder
- Pepper flakes (topping)
- Lime Juice (about 1 cap full)
- Slice up and scoop out centre of avocados, and add to large mixing dish.
- Wash and chop up tomato and onion.
- Cut clove of garlic into small pieces (use press if available).
- Add tomato, onion and garlic to avocados.
- Chop up cilantro and add to mixture.
- Season mixture with sea salt and black pepper to taste (add optional spices).
- Mash mixture with a fork or potato masher. (If you want a smoother guacamole, use a food processor, juicer, or stand mixer.)
- Serve with organic vegetables such as celery, pepper or zucchini, or crackers.