Spiced Grass-Fed Beef Roast
Spiced grass-fed beef roast anyone? This Spiced Grass-Fed Beef Roast serves as a great main course or substitution for corned beef (a favourite for St. Patrick’s Day that usually contains an excessive amount of nitrites) for your countless family dinners. The prep is fairly simple, and the aroma from cooking will make your home smell delightful. Serve it at home or take it to a party, either way it will be a hit! It also, makes terrific leftovers, but we already know their will not be any left over after you and your family fall in love with this recipe.
Spiced Grass-Fed Beef Roast Recipe
- 4 pounds grass fed bottom round, chuck roast, or sirloin roast
- 4-6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper or ½ cup any spicy peppers, diced or sliced (jalepeno, ancho, habenero, etc)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Use a knife to make slits to put the garlic slices in throughout the roast.
- Pour the water into a deep baking dish (make sure the dish is not to large – not much bigger than the roast).
- Rub all of the seasonings on the roast and add it to the baking dish. Cover and bake for 2 hours – basting every 30 minutes.
- Remove the beef and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the beef into very thin slices.
- Skim the excess grease from the liquid in the pan and place the sliced beef back in the spicy broth.
- Let sit for 15 minutes to let the meat absorb the juice.
Slow cooker option:
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook until the beef is fork tender; about 9 hours.
- Carefully remove the beef from the slow cooker, slice thin, remove excess grease and replace meat into the broth.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More