You may know lemon curd as a rich dessert topping or spread that belongs in a tart or pie, but this homemade Sugar-Free Lemon Curd with Berries is much tastier and holds up as its own dessert, no crust needed! Lemon lovers, you are going to want to try this recipe!
This dish comes together quite nicely and will remind you of a cross between pudding and yogurt with a fluffy texture like whipped cream. With only five simple ingredients and about 10 minutes of cook time this lemon curd is super easy to make. You can add berries, whipped coconut butter cream or unsweetened coconut flakes for added texture and flavour or simply enjoy as is. The zesty lemon flavour will excite your pallet and you will be satisfied after just a few bites. Your friends and family will definitely be asking for the recipe!
Pro tip: Did you know lemon helps disguise the aftertaste of stevia? If you have a sweet tooth like I do, you can enjoy a bit of stevia in this recipe without the bitter aftertaste for a delicious sugar-free dessert.
Sugar-Free Lemon Curd with Berries
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp stevia powder
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 9-11 minutes while whisking constantly. The whisk marks will become visible as the curd thickens. If curd isn’t thickening, turn up the heat and continue to whisk.
- Remove from heat and divide into 4-6 wine glasses or an individual small bowl.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add your choice of fresh berries, unsweetened coconut flakes and optionally coconut whipped cream.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves for an extra kick of flavour.