Sun-dried tomato and basil put a delicious twist on traditional hummus. Packed with flavor, fiber and nutrients, this Sundried Tomato Hummus is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next party or become your new favourite go-to snack. Serve with fresh organic vegetables or crackers (Grain-free Vegan Herb, Savoury Flax, or Multi-Grain).
Sundried Tomato Hummus Recipe
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans of garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh finely chopped basil
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon of Srirachi hot sauce (optional)
- Place garlic, salt, and lemon juice in processor, process until smooth.
- Pour in the garbanzo beans, and 1/2 cup olive oil, process until smooth again, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Once smooth, add the sun-dried tomatoes, and pulse until they have been chopped to very small pieces and are incorporated into the hummus.
- Last add the basil and pulse few times until mixed in. (You can also process longer to make the hummus finer.)