Sweet Pepper & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip Recipe
In this recipe, sun-dried tomatoes add depth to an otherwise light dip. However, the true hidden star of this easy dip recipe is the roasted garlic. The best part of preparing the garlic in this way is that you get all the flavour of garlic without the lingering fragrance. Serve this sweet pepper dip with Savoury Flax Crackers, Cheesy Paleo Crackers, or Crunchy Sesame Crackers. Once you try making this delicious sun-dried tomato recipe, let us know what your favourite way to serve it is!
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup baby sweet peppers (or roasted red peppers)
- ½ cup Italian Parsley
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice & zest
- 10 cloves roasted garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Rehydrate dried tomatoes with boiling water and soak for 20 minutes. If using oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, strain and pat dry.
- Peel garlic and submerge in avocado oil. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 1 hour until golden and soft.
- Separate oil and garlic and reserve for later.
- Pick, wash, and chop parsley leaves.
- Strain sun-dried tomatoes and reserve ¼ cup of the water.
- Combine tomatoes with all the remaining ingredients excluding the oil in a food processor.
- Pulse for 2 seconds at a time 5 times or until a chunky consistency is achieved.
- Scrape sides with a spatula throughout and adjust seasoning.