Coconut milk and curry paste make a great sauce and spice up a simple chicken and vegetable stir-fry. Full of fresh vegetables and lean protein, this Thai Curry Stir Fry is a delicious imitation of restaurant Thai dishes. Once the ingredients are prepped cooking only takes a few minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal.
Thai Curry Stir Fry Recipe
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 free-range boneless, skinless chicken breasts, raw, chopped
- ¼ cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups organic broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup organic cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces organic snow peas, strings removed
- 1 organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup organic zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons organic red curry paste (green or yellow can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
- In medium bowl, dissolve curry paste with 2 Tablespoons of the vegetable broth. Add chicken pieces and stir well to combine. Set aside.
- In large skillet or wok, heat coconut oil over Medium heat. Next, add onion, bell pepper, snow peas, broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini and stir-fry about 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken mixture, stirring well to separate meat; cook for 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to Medium-High. Stir in coconut milk, coriander, red pepper flakes, sea salt and remaining chicken broth. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Uncover and cook for 1 minute to reduce any liquid.
- Remove from heat. Stir in basil leaves. Serve.