This plan can be used for short-term management of weight, disease, or detoxification, or may be used on a long-term basis for those who are genetically suited for it. The Advanced Plan has been researched and formulated to maximize your body’s full potential for health, energy, recovery, and cognitive power. It is designed to reduce inflammation, restore cell membrane function in order to aid detoxification, regulate hormones, and promote the use of fat (instead of sugar) as the body’s primary source for energy. This is why it works so well, so quickly. Some indications you may need this plan are as follows:
Cognitive dysfunctions – including ADD/ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders
Metabolic syndromes – including Obesity, High Cholesterol, High Triglycerides, High Blood Sugar (or Low Blood Sugar), High Insulin, High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, and/or High Leptin
Modern-day Illnesses – including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Toxicity, Fibromyalgia
Immune System and Inflammatory Diseases – Cancer, Autoimmune Diseases, Digestive Dysfunction, Intolerance to Grains, Asthma, Arthritis
Three Rules on the Advanced Plan
Follow the 3 Principles of the Core Plan along with the following modifications:
Fat – Increase your intake of healthy fats.
Protein – Moderate your intake of protein.
Carbohydrates – Eliminate all grains, sugars, and most fruits.
The Advanced Plan is specifically designed to eliminate cravings (something that many diets fail to do). As a result, people see dramatic results in very little time on the Advanced Plan.
- Plant-based Fats & Proteins
- Nuts & seeds
- Almonds, Cashews, Flaxseeds, Hemp Seeds, Pecans, Pine Nuts, Macadamia, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower, Walnuts
- Core Plan vs. Advanced Plan : Quinoa is not on the Advanced Plan, due to higher inflammation
- Raw nut and seed butters
- Almond butter, macadamia butter, raw tahini
- Olives & avocados
- Coconut products
- Milk, oil, butter, flakes, flesh, flour, spreads
- Acceptable for Heat, but do not let smoke: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil
- Do Not Heat: Walnut, Flaxseed, Avocado, Cod Liver Oil, Hemp Seed Oil
- Fermented Soy Products
- Miso, Tempeh, Tamari
- Nuts & seeds
- Animal proteins – from naturally-raised animals only
- Core Plan vs. Advanced Plan : Moderate your intake of protein on the Advanced Plan, as too much protein can convert to sugar.
- Grass Fed Beef
- Cold water fish: salmon, mahi-mahi, mackerel, halibut
- Smaller fish: sardines, anchovies
- Dairy Products
- Full fat, organic diary is a bare minimum. Non-homogenized is even better. Non-pasteurized (raw) and/or A2 milk is best, if available.
- Full Fat Raw Milk, Full Fat Plain Yogurt, Butter (preferably raw), Ghee (Clarified Butter), Cream, Raw Cheeses, Kefir
- Carbohydrates – Avoid pesticides and GMO crops.
- High-Fiber / Low-Sugar Carbohydrates – High in fiber, these are always your best
- Core Plan vs. Advanced Plan : Increase your consumption of high-fiber carbohydrate choices, any time of the day. vegetables on the Advanced Plan.
- Arugula, Asparagus, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Bell Peppers (red, yellow, green), Broad beans, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cassava, Cauliflower, Chives, Celery, Chayote Fruit, Chicory, Coriander, Collard greens, Cucumber, Eggplant, Endive, Fennel, Garlic, Ginger Root, Green Beans, Hearts of Palm, Jicama (raw), Jalapeno Peppers, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Parsley, Mustard Greens, Onions, Radishes, Radicchio, Snap Beans, Snow Peas, Shallots, Spinach, Spaghetti Squash, Summer Squash, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Turnip Greens, Watcress, Zucchini
- Berries (blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, elderberries, gooseberries, loganberries, raspberries, strawberries), Limes, Granny Smith Apples
- Moderate-Fiber / Moderate-Sugar Carbohydrates – Reduce consumption of these carbohydrates after lunch. Consume in moderation. Completely eliminate these carbohydrates after lunch if weight loss is a concern.
- Core Plan vs. Advanced Plan : High-Sugar / Low-Fiber fruits, vegetables, and grains are disallowed on the Advanced Plan.
- Leeks, Lima Beans, Okra, Pumpkin, Legumes, Artichokes, Squash (Acorn, butternut, winter), Turnip, Adzuki Beans, Black Beans, Chick Peas (garbanzo), Cowpeas, French Beans, Great Northern Beans, Kidney Beans, Lentils, Mung Beans, Navy Beans, Pinto Beans, Split Peas, White Beans, Yellow Beans
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More