Grain Free Tigernut Flour Pancakes
If you want grain-free options and/or are allergic to nuts, tigernuts are not nuts so this Tigernut Flour Pancakes recipe will be a safe option. As per my article about these tubers (also known as chufa, nut grass, yellow nutsedge, chufa sedge or earth almond), they can replace nuts and flours as they make your gut flora happy, but won’t spike your insulin or send your blood sugar soaring. And Tigernuts are just about as Paleo as you can get! You can store leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days, as they make a delicious “bread” for grain free sandwiches too.
Grain Free Tigernut Flour Pancakes Recipe
- 4 pastured organic eggs
- ½ cup tigernut flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- strawberry sauce (Mix one bag of organic frozen strawberries into a small pot with a few drops of water and some stevia to taste until it is hot.)
- syrup (Combine 1 cup xylitol and 1 cup water in a saucepan, bring just to a boil then remove from heat.)
- Grade B Maple Syrup (for a treat as it’s not really on either nutrition plan)
- chocolate ganache (use same recipe for chocolate truffles)
- fresh organic heavy whipping cream
- Stir the tigernut flour with a fork to “loosen” it, then dip in the measuring cup and level the top with a knife. Measure the coconut flour the same way.
- Combine both flours and the eggs to create a smooth batter. Make sure the clumps of tigernut flour are smoothed out, then add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Cook pancakes as usual and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More