If you usually serve spinach dip or hummus at friendly gatherings or dinner parties, try switching it up with this tasty Walnut Red Pepper Dip. Walnuts contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant phytonutrients while red peppers are a great source of vitamin C, iron, vitamin B6 and folate. Serve this dip with Savory Flax Crackers, Crunchy Sesame Crackers, Cheesy Paleo Crackers or even sliced veggies for a perfect appetizer your guests will love.
Walnut Red Pepper Dip Recipe
Makes 12 ¼ cup servings
- 2 cups shelled walnuts (soak for at least 1 hour to soften them; it’ll be easier to process them this way)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced ( or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts, cumin, and salt until walnuts are finely ground (like the consistency of Hummus).
- Add peppers, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Whirl until smooth.