Zucchini Fritter Cups
It’s a challenge to find a new flavourful and easy-to-make appetizer to bring to your next event as everyone tends to stick with the staples, which (let’s face it) can get tiresome. These Zucchini Fritter Cups are sure to impress guests at your next get-together, make a great breakfast option for busy mornings, and go great with a green salad or a bowl of soup for lunch too! This paleo recipe provides the healthy benefits (vitamin C, potassium, fiber and antioxidants) of serving up veggies (especially if you purchase organic), and helps you avoid gluten as you won’t be using wheat flour.
Zucchini Fritter Cups Recipe
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Total time 40 mins
- 2 medium organic zucchinis, shredded (3 cups, shredded)
- ½ small yellow onion, minced
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 2 organic eggs, whisked
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- about 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place zucchini and onion in food processor using the shredding attachment and shred. Place in a couple paper towels and squeeze out all the excess liquid. You may have to replace the paper towels a few times!
- Place zucchini and onion in a bowl, mix well with almond flour, eggs, garlic cloves, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Scoop out the mixture and place into 7 muffin cups. Either use silicon muffin liners or be sure to heavily grease each muffin tin to keep it from sticking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from muffin tin.
Check out the original recipe by PaleOMG.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More