Primal Pots de Crème
Instead of serving pie this Christmas, try this decadent, sugar-free, chocolate dessert — Primal Pots de Crème. The coconut milk will provide healthy saturated fatty acids that can help lower cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure, and prevent heart attacks or a stroke. It’s a great option for anyone with dairy and nut– or grain-based allergies. Best of all, the preparation is so easy you will not mind making each guest their own individual serving.
Primal Pots de Crème Recipe
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 organic egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla stevia
- pinch celtic sea salt
- 4 ounces Stevia sweetened chocolate chunks or chips
- Place coconut milk in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in egg yolks, stevia, and salt.
- Heat over medium-heat 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Transfer mixture to vitamix, and add chocolate.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Transfer scant ½ cup of mixture into 4 ramekins.
- Refrigerate overnight or for 8 hour.
Recipe inspired by Elana’s Pantry.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More