Instead of serving pie this Christmas, try this decadent, sugar-free, chocolate dessert — Primal Pots de Crème. The coconut milk will provide healthy saturated fatty acids that can help lower cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure, and prevent heart attacks or a stroke. It’s a great option for anyone with dairy and nut– or grain-based allergies. Best of all, the preparation is so easy you will not mind making each guest their own individual serving.
Primal Pots de Crème Recipe
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 organic egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla stevia
- pinch celtic sea salt
- 4 ounces Stevia sweetened chocolate chunks or chips
- Place coconut milk in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in egg yolks, stevia, and salt.
- Heat over medium-heat 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Transfer mixture to vitamix, and add chocolate.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Transfer scant ½ cup of mixture into 4 ramekins.
- Refrigerate overnight or for 8 hour.
Recipe inspired by Elana’s Pantry.