This Multi-Grain Crackers recipe is surprisingly easy, and really tasty. On the Maximized Living Advanced Nutrition Plan and in GOOD FOOD, you will find a lot of recipes for terrific dips and spreads. By now, you may be tired of using celery and red pepper to scoop up these delights. When I come home, I especially enjoy one or two of these crackers with plain old raw almond butter!
Multi-Grain Crackers Recipe
Makes about 25 crackers.
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour (see Almond Flour Revisited)
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- In a food processor, pulse almond flour, macadamia nuts and coconut flour until well ground and
- combined. Pulse in remaining dry ingredients until almost fully ground. Leave a tiny bit of texture – you’ll enjoy the crunch.
- Pulse in coconut oil and water. Dough will form a ball in the food processor.
- Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 inch squares, 5 rows each way.
- Sprinkle with a few extra sesame seeds if desired. (Optional – I always do.)
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Original recipe available on GoodFood.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More