Smoothies are the best, fastest way to start your day! You can add in a ton of great ingredients to make a different smoothie every day. I like to have a smoothie at least 3 days a week, and alternate with other options like eggs and yogurt the other days. Here is a basic smoothie recipe and a list of other ingredients you can add for flavor, more good healthy fats and taste. For some holiday variations, check out the recipes on this site for Shamrock Shake, Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake, or Superfood Gingerbread Smoothie.
Basic Smoothies – Vanilla & Berries Recipe
Makes 1 smoothie
- 1 scoop Nature Pro Vanilla protein powder
- 1⁄2 can unsweetened coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 1⁄2 cup frozen berries, (blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- 1 cup raw yogurt
- half of one avocado
- 1 hand full of spinach
- 1⁄4 cup flax
- 2 organic free range, grass fed eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- Fresh grated ginger
- raw cacao powder, or cocoa powder
- almond butter
- ground cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice
- Into blender container add coconut milk, dilute with 1⁄2 cup filtered water and berries. Blend on high until well blended.
- Add Nature Pro vanilla protein power, and blend for 10 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
About Kari Penner
Kari Penner, BA, MA (in process) is a Wellness Coach and works at Shine Dental. She has spent most of the past decade studying Wellness, Nutrition, Toxicity and has been a professional Life Coach since 2001. In 2011, she started her Master’s of Counseling at Providence Seminary. Learn More