Basil, roasted garlic and Italian Parmesan cheese are paired with balsamic vinegar and fine quality olive oil in this Basil Vinaigrette recipe. Basil has anti-inflammatory, immunity-enhancing and anti-bacterial properties, and is a good source of magnesium among other nutrients. Serve this recipe as a dipping for bread, dressing for simple salads made of almost any summer fruit and veggies, or sauce for chicken, fish, pasta, tomatoes, or garbanzo or white beans. How’s that for a scrumptious use of basil?!
Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Italian Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Roast a head of garlic and let it cool.
- Later in the day when the garlic has cooled: In a blender, combine the basil, garlic, cheese and vinegar.
- Slowly blend in the oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.