Basil, roasted garlic and Italian Parmesan cheese are paired with balsamic vinegar and fine quality olive oil in this Basil Vinaigrette recipe. Basil has anti-inflammatory, immunity-enhancing and anti-bacterial properties, and is a good source of magnesium among other nutrients. Serve this recipe as a dipping for bread, dressing for simple salads made of almost any summer fruit and veggies, or sauce for chicken, fish, pasta, tomatoes, or garbanzo or white beans. How’s that for a scrumptious use of basil?!
Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Italian Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Roast a head of garlic and let it cool.
- Later in the day when the garlic has cooled: In a blender, combine the basil, garlic, cheese and vinegar.
- Slowly blend in the oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Original recipe available on GoodFood.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More