A patient of mine, Karen, brought me this great recipe for Ginger Switchel!
Switchel originated in the Caribbean and has been a popular summer drink for 300 years. Farmers call it “Haymaker’s Punch” as it’s popular at harvest time. I like that it contains ginger, apple cider vinegar , and lemon which all provide a powerful detox punch. Use stevia instead of traditional honey (or brown sugar) to keep it Maximized.
Ginger Switchel Recipe
Makes 1-2 drinks
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 12 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 organic lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or a glass.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to a day.
- Shake or stir before serving. Taste and adjust Stevia amount, if desired. If using fresh ginger, strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
- Pour over ice or mix with soda water, if desired.