This Avocado Halves Stuffed with Tomato and Feta recipe is one of my favorite lunches from GOOD FOOD, and makes a great side dish or snack. The presentation is beautiful enough for your company, and the taste is lovely. The trick is to use just ready avocados. I like to buy them when they are under ripe and very firm, and leave them on the kitchen counter for a day or two until they are just giving way to the touch.
Avocado Halves Stuffed with Tomato and Feta Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small ripe roma tomato cut into 1/4-inch dice, or a handful of diced grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh parsley, or basil, or chives (to your taste)
- 2 teaspoons raw pumpkin seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Halve avocado lengthwise, and remove the pit.
- Top each half with tomato and feta.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, and garnish with chives and pumpkin seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.