Avocado Halves Stuffed with Tomato and Feta
This Avocado Halves Stuffed with Tomato and Feta recipe is one of my favorite lunches from GOOD FOOD, and makes a great side dish or snack. The presentation is beautiful enough for your company, and the taste is lovely. The trick is to use just ready avocados. I like to buy them when they are under ripe and very firm, and leave them on the kitchen counter for a day or two until they are just giving way to the touch.
Avocado Halves Stuffed with Tomato and Feta Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small ripe roma tomato cut into 1/4-inch dice, or a handful of diced grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh parsley, or basil, or chives (to your taste)
- 2 teaspoons raw pumpkin seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Halve avocado lengthwise, and remove the pit.
- Top each half with tomato and feta.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, and garnish with chives and pumpkin seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Original recipe available on GoodFood.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More