Cauliflower is a very versatile vegetable; it can do wonderful things. This Mashed No-tatoes recipe is a good low-carb, nutritious… and delicious alternative to high carbohydrate mashed potatoes or a rice dish. The consistency is strikingly similar to traditional mashed potatoes, so your family may not even know the difference. Use this recipe for the top of your Maximized Shepherd’s Pie, or serve it as a side to your holiday feast or favourite casserole meal.
Mashed NO-tatoes Recipe
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons Organic Butter
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic, Optional
- sea salt and black pepper to Taste
- Steam cauliflower until very soft. (You can also boil it, but this is not recommended as a lot of the nutrients are lost.)
- Chop up cauliflower and put in a food processor or blender with butter, salt, pepper, and garlic if desired. Blend to desired consistency.
- (Optional) Bake until these are beautifully browned.
Recipe from Maximized Living Nutrition Plans