This Fried Rice recipe is quick, easy, healthy, and better than the restaurant version! Brown rice is healthier than white rice as it has a low glycemic rating, and the side hulls and brans provide naturally-occurring oils, proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber, and potassium as opposed to be “enriched”. Enjoy this recipe as a side dish, leftovers or lunch or supper by adding extra vegetables and protein such as chopped chicken or turkey – just adjust the ingredients accordingly.
Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 cups Brown Rice, Cooked
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 2 organic Eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh Ground Pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Scallions, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Corn
- 1⁄4 cup Peas
- 1⁄4 cup Chopped Carrots
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and add the rice, soy sauce, pepper and optional ingredients.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for about 6 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir briskly so they cook and break into small bits throughout the rice. As soon as the egg is set, remove and serve.
Recipe from Maximized Living Nutrition Plans