https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Instagram_Zucchini-Hummus.jpg 600 600 Kari Penner https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ximg_DrHardick_logo.png.pagespeed.ic_.oNZjRcGWRC.png Kari Penner2013-08-21 22:53:472018-01-14 11:02:29Zucchini Hummus
Instead of traditional chickpea hummus, try this delicious Zucchini Hummus alternative! It is full of flavour and pairs perfectly with raw vegetables or grain-free crackers to wow guests at your next event. Your health and your guests’ health will also benefit from the high levels of potassium, B-vitamins, dietary fiber, and antioxidants from zucchini, especially when it’s organic.
Zucchini Hummus Recipe
Makes about 3 cups.
- 2 raw organic zucchinis, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (more/less to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup raw tahini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
- First, soak the sesame seeds for about 4 hours in a bowl of water to soften them.
- Drain seeds in a mesh strainer (discarding the water) and dump all ingredients into food processor or blender.
- Blend on High speed stopping frequently to scrape down sides.
About Kari Penner
Kari Penner, BA, MA (in process) is a Wellness Coach and works at Shine Dental. She has spent most of the past decade studying Wellness, Nutrition, Toxicity and has been a professional Life Coach since 2001. In 2011, she started her Master’s of Counseling at Providence Seminary. Learn More