Stuffed Peppers are a great stand-alone meal to add a little spice to your life. They are delicious, filling, and different from your typical every day dinner. Unlike many stuffed pepper recipes, this one is served cold and raw– making it even easier to prepare than cooked stuffed peppers. Great for a family dinner, or to bring to a party as this veggie recipe is a fancy presentation already in individual servings!
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 whole Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow or Orange preferred)
- 1 pound Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can Chicken Stock (or use Home Made chicken stock)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Coarse Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, and brown in skillet on medium-high.
- Cook the rice with half the amount of liquid (using chicken stock rather than water will add flavour) and half the time as noted on the directions. Once the rice mixture is transferred to the peppers, the liquid in the peppers will continue to cook the rice in the oven. Be careful to not overcook the rice.
- Add the can of tomatoes, including liquid, into the skillet with the ground beef.
- Once the rice is done, add that to the skillet along with the minced garlic and salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients well.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds from inside. Fill the peppers to the top with your meat and dressing mixture, and put the tops back on.
- Cover the entire baking dish with aluminum foil. Make sure it doesn’t touch the peppers, and back in the oven for about 50 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Make sure the peppers are tender, but not falling apart.
- Serve with some freshly grated organic parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Recipe from Maximized Living Nutrition Plans