Everybody loves a good cinnamon roll; soft and warm on the inside, chewy on the outside- the perfect comfort food. With the same mouth-watering cinnamon taste, these Sugar-free Cinnabites make a fantastic sugar-free substitute. They are great for finger food, breakfast, snack, or a scrumptious dessert! You could even top them with a healthy cream cheese frosting for added indulgence.
Sugar-free Cinnabites Recipe
Makes about 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup of plain amasai, or organic plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup of erythritol (like Swerve) or stevia to taste
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of erythritol (like Swerve), xylitol or stevia to taste
- 2 tablespoons of organic unsalted butter or coconut butter, melted
- cream cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 310 degrees F.
- Combine all the wet ingredients into a bowl and blend well with a spoon.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend well with a spoon.
- Blend all the topping ingredients using a fork.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan and fill the liners 2/3 with batter.
- Add small crumble of topping for mini muffins or about a tablespoon of topping for large muffins on top of the batter.
- Use toothpick or skewer to mix some of the topping into the batter (or just leave it on top).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are starting to brown.