This “Dorito” Bread is the perfect accompaniment to Caesar Salad or any variety of your favorite chili. But honestly, you will find yourself wanting to munch on the bread alone…like the “bad ol’ days” when you polished off a bag of Doritos in front of the TV. Luckily, it’s gluten-free.
“Dorito” Bread Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 oz. organic (preferably raw) old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 organic free-range egg
- Combine all dry ingredients (including grated cheddar) in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg; then combine it with the dry ingredients.
- Knead the mixture with hands to ensure proper distribution of ingredients. The “dough” will form a ball.
- Form the dough into a large circle about 2/3 inch thick.
- Cut circle into 16 slices.
- Place slices on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 – 10 minutes.
- Open the oven door, turn off the oven, re-close the oven door, and leave the bread in the oven for another 7 – 10 minutes. (If you like a softer consistency, remove the bread when the initial 10 minutes has elapsed.)