Fire roasted tomatoes give this Fire Roasted Salsa recipe a rich, fiery taste that will leave your family and friends craving more. Perfect as a dip for assorted sliced vegetables, topping, or condiment that tastes authentic. Pair this salsa with the Advanced Plan crackers multi grain crackers for a perfect party or game-day snack. It’s terrific served warm, but can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week. Adjust the spice by adding more or less serrano peppers.
Fire Roasted Salsa Recipe
- 6-8 small vine ripened organic tomatoes
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1-2 serrano peppers (seeds removed)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- To fire roast the tomatoes, put them in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet (do not use your thermalon/green pans for this – they will be scarred for life) with no oil.
- Turn the heat to medium high and let the skins blacken. Turn periodically until the tomatoes are nicely charred.
- Transfer tomatoes to a blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend well.