Nothing says summer quite like green peas! Served hot or cold, this super smooth soup is a great start to any meal. Use fresh peas if available, however frozen peas can be more delicious and very nutritious since they’re harvested at peak ripeness and frozen immediately where they’re grown.
Green Pea Soup Recipe
- 1L cold vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 2 10 oz bags frozen green peas
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 sprigs pickled mint leaves
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 8 kaffir lime leaves (or the zest from 3 limes)
- — fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- garnish with alpha sprouts or try adding basil or tarragon for more flavor.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Fill a large mixing bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Gather and prepare all ingredients listed above.
- Boil the green peas rapidly for 3 minutes and plunge them into ice water immediately.
- Reserve ½ cup peas. In a few batches blend all the ingredients for 4 minutes.
- Taste, adjust seasoning and serve cold or hot. Garnish with alpha sprouts, olive oil and the reserved peas.