Tis’ the season…for gingerbread! Unlike its unhealthy counterpart- the gingerbread cookie– this deliciously thick Superfood Gingerbread Smoothie is high in fiber, vitamin B6, and anti-inflammatory properties from the real ginger root! It’s perfect for a holiday treat, celebratory dinners or whenever you feel like treating yourself. It is amazing how good this smoothie is and with all the added benefits included. It’s somewhat like getting a great deal on your shopping with no tax. Now you can enjoy one of your favourite holiday flavours guilt free! You could even try adding a scoop of vanilla protein for an added boost! Serves best with two straws for sharing!
Superfood Gingerbread Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 3-5 drops stevia, for extra sweetness
- vanilla whey protein powder
- Whipped coconut cream
- Raw cacao powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your serving glasses, top with whipped coconut cream and dust with cacao powder.
- Serve immediately in a tall glass with two straws and you are sure to drink it all up!