Shortbread cookies are generally a holiday staple and are found as being packed with sugar. Like regular shortbread, this Maximized Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies recipe is a quick and simple. Almond flour serves as a great substitute for regular flour, so you can enjoy the deliciousness and simplicity of shortbread cookies without breaking your diet plan any time of the year. I really do love these around the holidays as they are an amazing treat for your kids to set out on the big night!
Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons xylitol
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until a batter forms, then use a tablespoon to scoop dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet. I gently flattened my cookies using a fork.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, watching closely to ensure they don’t burn.
- Remove cookies from the oven when they are lightly golden brown, then cool on the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving.