Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread cookies are generally a holiday staple and are found as being packed with sugar. Like regular shortbread, this Maximized Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies recipe is a quick and simple. Almond flour serves as a great substitute for regular flour, so you can enjoy the deliciousness and simplicity of shortbread cookies without breaking your diet plan any time of the year. I really do love these around the holidays as they are an amazing treat for your kids to set out on the big night!
Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons xylitol
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until a batter forms, then use a tablespoon to scoop dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet. I gently flattened my cookies using a fork.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, watching closely to ensure they don’t burn.
- Remove cookies from the oven when they are lightly golden brown, then cool on the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More