These Grain Free Waffles are a healthier, mildly sweet version of a breakfast favourite that taste amazing and are made with real, wholesome ingredients. Crispy outside and fluffy inside without grains and sugar! Enjoy them during your morning routine or as a light dessert, or keep them frozen and ready for when you or your kids are foraging for snacks. Place the waffles on a plate or turn them into finger food by eating them like a taco; move all your toppings to the middle then fold up the sides.
Grain Free Waffles Recipe
Yields approximately 7-8 large thick, round waffles; Approx. 1/2 a round waffle per person
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (real salt)
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup ghee, butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- real maple syrup
- chia seed jam
- fresh fruit, berries or melon
- real whipped cream
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine all ingredients and gently mix just to combine (a few lumps are okay).
- Using a ladle, scoop enough batter into your hot waffle iron to cover one side of the iron.
- Cook your waffles according to the waffle makers manufactures instructions (you can leave them longer if you want them crispier.).
- Serve immediately OR cool on a wire rack (so they stay crisp).
- Cooled waffles can be frozen and reheated in the toaster or toaster oven.
Recipe inspired by The Real Food Dietitians.