This recipe could easily fill a small glass pie plate, so it can be presented as Key Lime Pie or as Key Lime Squares. I made the squares so the portions were a little bigger! Top with some freshly whipped organic cream.
Key Lime Squares Recipe
Makes about 8-16 slices
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- stevia equivalent to 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Key Lime Topping Mixture:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- stevia equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- the zest of a lime
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Note: I added two drops of green food coloring, but I would not recommend doing this if you do not have high quality, “no-sugar-or-preservatives-added” food coloring.
- Combine all the Crust ingredients and press into an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. While the crust is baking, assemble the key lime topping mixture.
- Combine all the key lime topping mixture ingredients in a blender.
- When crust has baked for 15 minutes, pour the topping mixture over the crust and return the crust and topping mixture to the oven to bake at 350 degrees for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Let the finished product cool in the baking dish for 30 minutes, and then chill it in the refrigerator until chilled through- about another 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cut into squares.