Now you can enjoy all the goodness of pumpkin pie without the crust and added sugars. This Coconut Milk Pumpkin Custard is 100% Maximized and absolutely delicious! It is definitely a must try for all you pumpkin pie lovers out there. This custard will add the perfect finishing touch to your holiday dinner or make a tasty anytime treat.
Coconut Milk Pumpkin Custard Recipe
- 6 free run eggs
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups coconut milk , heated until very hot Ground nutmeg or cinnamon for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust oven rack to center position. Lightly butter eight (6-ounce) custard cups and set them into a large baking dish. If cooking custards in a metal pan, cover the bottom of the pan with a layer of newspaper to ensure an even temperature on the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly; add xylitol, pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves and beat until combined. Mix in hot milk until blended. Pour egg mixture into prepared custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Bring the water for the water bath to a light simmer on top of the stove; carefully pour hot water into the baking pan to come half-way up the sides of the custard cups. NOTE: The most common mistake people make in baking a custard is not putting enough water in the hot-water bath. The water should come up to the level of the custard inside the cups. You must protect your custard from the heat. Carefully pour hot water into the baking pan to come halfway cup the sides of the custard cups.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set around the edges but still loose in the center. The cooking time will depend largely on the size of the custard cup you are using, but begin checking at 20 minutes and check back regularly. When the center of the custard is just set, it will jiggle a little when shaken, that’s when you can remove it from the oven. Remove from oven and immediately remove cups from water bath; cool on wire rack until room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to a week.