Zucchini Pizza Bites
Satisfy your craving for pizza with these tasty, gluten-free Zucchini Pizza Bites! They’ll make a great finger food for your next party, lunch or a snack. They are also a good option to get you and your family to eat more vegetables. Zucchini as a pizza base has fewer calories than carb options, and are great for portion control. You’ll definitely want to eat more than one zucchini pizza bite!
Zucchini Pizza Bites Recipe
Makes about 24-30 bites
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 organic zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup finely grated mozzarella (organic dairy is always best!)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Note: I say it’s OK to use pre-made seasonings and sauces … they will save you time. Just ensure they are sugar-free and not loaded with additives. Raw and organic are always preferred.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add zucchini and cook, flipping once, until golden, about 1-2 minutes on each side; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini rounds onto a large baking sheet. Top each zucchini round with marinara, mozzarella.
- Place into oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Italian seasoning, if desired.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More