Roast Organic Turkey
What’s holiday dinner without a turkey? Optimize your protein intake this holiday season with this appetizing Roast Organic Turkey recipe! This is a fail-proof way to cook a turkey. The bird comes out golden on the outside, and juicy and moist on the inside. Just a few simple spices will give you that mouth watering turkey you’ve been craving. And, you can keep your meal grain-free with a side of Grain-free Vegetable Nut Stuffing or Almond Flour Stuffing.
Roast Organic Turkey Recipe
- 1 organic turkey
- ½ pound butter
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried marjoram leaves
- ½ tsp crushed rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Rinse the turkey inside and out and then pat dry, stuff (if desired), and truss.
- Cut a piece of cheesecloth to a length that will cover the turkey and unfold to a single thickness.
- Melt ½ pound of butter in a small saucepan and add the dried sage, thyme, marjoram and rosemary.
- Place cheesecloth in the pan and completely saturate. (you can also brush skin with herbed olive oil and baste every 15 minutes.
- Place turkey in oven and reduce heat to 325ºF.
- After 15 minutes, drape butter-soaked cheesecloth over the turkey so that it is completely covered.
- After an hour, baste the turkey every 15 minutes or so, to keep the cheesecloth moist (you can use leftover butter as well).
- Remove the cheesecloth for the last 30 minutes of cooking time for crisp skin.
- Allow the turkey to sit for at least 20 minutes before carving.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More