What’s holiday dinner without a turkey? Optimize your protein intake this holiday season with this appetizing Roast Organic Turkey recipe! This is a fail-proof way to cook a turkey. The bird comes out golden on the outside, and juicy and moist on the inside. Just a few simple spices will give you that mouth watering turkey you’ve been craving. And, you can keep your meal grain-free with a side of Grain-free Vegetable Nut Stuffing or Almond Flour Stuffing.
Roast Organic Turkey Recipe
- 1 organic turkey
- ½ pound butter
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried marjoram leaves
- ½ tsp crushed rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Rinse the turkey inside and out and then pat dry, stuff (if desired), and truss.
- Cut a piece of cheesecloth to a length that will cover the turkey and unfold to a single thickness.
- Melt ½ pound of butter in a small saucepan and add the dried sage, thyme, marjoram and rosemary.
- Place cheesecloth in the pan and completely saturate. (you can also brush skin with herbed olive oil and baste every 15 minutes.
- Place turkey in oven and reduce heat to 325ºF.
- After 15 minutes, drape butter-soaked cheesecloth over the turkey so that it is completely covered.
- After an hour, baste the turkey every 15 minutes or so, to keep the cheesecloth moist (you can use leftover butter as well).
- Remove the cheesecloth for the last 30 minutes of cooking time for crisp skin.
- Allow the turkey to sit for at least 20 minutes before carving.