Advanced Plan “Mac” & Cheese
You heard right, one of your favourite comfort foods has an Advanced Plan approved alternative! Utilizing the very versatile hearts of palm (more commonly used in salads), this decadent Advanced Plan “Mac” & Cheese recipe is quick and easy to make. You simply won’t believe how good the sauce is when poured over nontraditional noodles. Heart of palm has a crisp texture with a mild flavor similar to artichoke, which also makes it an good addition blended into dips and tossed into stir-frys or grills too. This dish is sure to become a weeknight dinner staple in your household alone or with Southern style biscuits or Maximized Grainless Rolls.
Advanced Plan “Mac” & Cheese Recipe
- 1/4 cup organic butter
- 3 tablespoons organic cream cheese
- 1/4 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 cup organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 jars of hearts of palm
- Additional shredded cheese (for topping)
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream cheese and broth until completely combined and smooth.
- Reduce heat slightly and add cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Instead of traditional macaroni noodles, simply, cut two jars of hearts of palm into discs (or moon shapes by cutting the cylinder in half lengthways then into slices) and boil in filtered water for 5-7 minutes. Drain well and add cheese sauce.
- Put into a baking dish and top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More