Organic Taco Buffet Recipes
Do you love tacos? You can enjoy tacos of all variations on Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesdays, and throughout the year for a quick meal, or appetizer for game night. Tacos are a tasty treat at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and even dessert, depending on how you mix and match the ingredients.
A traditional Mexican taco consists of a tortilla made of corn or wheat then stuffed with beef, chicken, vegetables, pork, or seafood and served with cheese, cilantro or onions as garnish. For a healthier taco recipe, it’s easy enough to change up the toppings to suit a MaxLiving Nutrition Plan, a paleo diet, keto diet, and vegetarian or vegan diet. The main challenge is finding a grain-free or corn-free option for the tortilla — try out this recipe to make your own or use a sprouted grain tortilla. I also go for Raw Wraps or Siete Foods Grain-Free Tortillas. Fill your tortilla of choice with your favourite combination of the ingredients below!
Fillings & Toppings
- Organic chicken or turkey (curried or seasoned with your favourite spice): Organic Lemon Chili Chicken, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Moroccan Spiced Chicken, Chipotle Lime Chicken, Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Grass-fed beef: Spiced Grass-Fed Beef Roast
- Seafood or fish: Fish Tacos with Baja Slaw Recipe, Baked Wild Halibut Steaks, Asian Halibut Fish Cakes, Salmon Patties
- Vegan & Vegetarian options: Not Tuna Salad, Black Bean Sliders, Fried Rice, or Coconut Lime Rice. For a cold and raw taco, chop up the peppers of my Stuffed Peppers recipe and add them into the mixture rather than stuffing them.
- Other protein options: lamb, turkey bacon, beans, eggs, kimchi, sausage
- Organic vegetables or fruits: tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, lettuce, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, squash, zucchini, Brussels sprouts, chipotle chiles, garlic, olives, pineapple, avocado
Salsa, Dressing, Spices, etc.: guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, sea salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder, oregano, cilantro, bay leaf, cider vinegar, mayo, sour cream, cheese. Some of my favorites include:
- Best-Ever Salsa
- Award Winning Salsa
- Fire Roasted Salsa
- Chipotle Mayo
- Chili Lime Salad Dressing
- Garden Fresh Basil Pesto
- Chili Lime Butter for Fish
- Puttanesca Salsa
- Southwest Guacamole
- Jalapeno Basil Avocado Dip
Fill your grain-free tortilla or lettuce shell with your favourite combination of taco ingredients. Share your photo in the comments below, or tag my Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts.